- High image quality: The LG 4k monitor has brought together all the features necessary for crisp picture rendition. Its 4K resolution is nearly five times higher than that of a 1080p monitor. It comes with a high contrast IPS display with a remarkable 99% sRGB color gamut.
- Optimized gaming experience: It is surprising how many features LG has bundled into this monitor just to ensure gamers’ satisfaction, the AMD FreeSync feature is obviously the deal breaker for those having AMD GPUs.
- Budget Price: The LG 27UD68P-B monitor is so affordable that the is a nearly unanimous agreement among gaming monitor critics that it is the cheapest 4K gaming monitor on the market today. Several low-quality displays cost double the prices of this masterpiece.
- Missing USB: You well knew I would revisit this. The lack of USB 3.0 ports or any USB port for that matter is an unacceptable omission in this age, even though few people do use all of them.
- Warranty policies: LG offers only a 1-year warranty on the monitor. However, it does not offer to replace dead, bright or stuck pixels. The only solution is to check the monitor for such pixel and return it to the store.
While there are several large screen 4K monitors, the LG 27UD68P-B stands out as the most affordable high-quality gaming monitor. Its performance is over, and above the price, you pay for it. It is the right monitor for gamers looking for the high-end performance though on a budget.
The glaring omission of the USB port is not a big deal considering that most CPUs have ports too. Besides, if you can save some cash by omitting the port, so be it. It by no means diminishes the monitor’s performance.
LG 27UD68P-B 4K Res 27-InchScreen LED-Lit Monitor Review
4K monitors attract the envy of most gaming enthusiasts. In fact, HP has a gaming monitor of this kind with the name “envy” added to it. What gives these gaming monitors such high esteem amongst gamers is that they have an outstanding image quality. LG Electronics, as usual, has produced one of these premium-quality monitors at a very pocket-friendly price, the LG 27UD68P-B.
LG 27UD68P-B is currently the cheapest 4K monitor in the market. So, how do you know that this is not a lemon? This review will help you decide.
The design and Ergonomics
It is LG’s tradition to balance functionality and aesthetics, and they have done the same with the 27-inch monitor. The panel is covered in a grey trimmed black cabinet. The screen has a matte 3H anti-glare coating to prevent your eyes from the effects of reflections.
The monitor is supported by a curved stand that allows tilt and height adjustment. It does not have swivel or pivot adjustment, an omission that we find forgivable.
If you prefer wall mounts, then the monitor’s VESA mount compatibility will be handy. It comes with an optional wall-mounting kit. If you do not have a screwdriver then get one, you will certainly need it.
Peripherals and Connectivity
The bad news first, the LG 27UD68P-B monitor does not have any USB port. The only reason the LG gaming monitor still leads in the market despite the omission is its affordability and yes, the 4K UHD display. You need to enable the HDMI option when using this monitor with 4K enabled gaming consoles such as the PS4 Pro.
It has two HDMI 2.0 input ports and one Display Port. Another addition is the headphone out jack port, but it will not appease USB buffs. Fortunately, it seems LG recognized their mistake and released an identical gaming monitor, LG 27UD68P-W. The presence of a USB port in the latter is one of the few notable differences between the two monitors.
The 27-inch LG 27UD5-B comes with a 4K Ultra High Definition resolution. As a result, there are about 163 pixels of the screen. It has an AH-IPS 8-bit panel that results in a dynamic contrast ratio of 10,000,000:1. The consequence is a highly detailed quality image.
The IPS panel also provides its main advantage over all the other screen panels, the wide viewing angles. It allows 178 vertical and horizontal viewing angles. This enables comfortable viewing irrespective of the place you are sitting.
In addition to the viewing angle, the LG gaming monitor provides high color rendition with a 99% sRGB color gamut.
Already the LG27UD68P-B has offered enough features for its price. However, it goes ahead to ensure your gaming experience is just as good as you will find in other premium-priced 4K gaming monitors.
First, it has a Dynamic Action Sync that reduces input lags during gaming. Its 5ms response time speed eliminates ghosting in fast-paced FPS games. IPS’ high image quality and viewing angles offer a perfect complement to this feature.
Another feature that makes the monitor a favorite among players with AMD graphics unit is the AMD FreeSync feature. It matches the refresh rates of the GPU and the monitor hence eliminating image stuttering and tearing.
The 4K gaming monitor does not come with an On Screen Display (OSD) settings control joystick. You need to install the software, which comes with the monitor. Once the software is in place, you can select several pictures pre-sets depending the type of game you are playing. There are two FPS presets and an RTs besides the standard presets which include Cinema, Dark Room, Photo, Color Weakness, and Reader.
The Black stabilizer is another gaming-specific feature that allows you to play in rooms with ambient lighting. It is recommended only for gaming purposes as it lowers black levels accuracy. It is no doubt that the LG 27UD68P-B is a monitor for gamers.